Channel Manager West (California/Utah/Arizona)
Under the direction of the National Sales Manager, the Channel Manager is responsible for supporting the sales efforts, processes and growth of the various distribution partners and sales channels within the assigned territory. This person will establish regular communications with their sales channels and manage business within this region to attain consistency and positive results.
National Sales Manager – Fabco-Air Inc.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
Working hours are typically 8AM to 5PM with additional time as needed.
- In coordination with the National Sales Manager, develop a local strategy for sustainable revenue growth among the sales channels in that region
- Perform essential functions to support distributors’ daily business and yearly revenue growth, including:
- Identifying and developing new customers
- Conducting sales calls with key and prospective customers
- Present and demonstrate products, as needed
- Conduct in-person and remote training of distributor staff
- Develop target customer lists and strategies
- Develop relationships with customers and distributor personnel
- Perform essential functions to effectively manage activities and grow overall business in assigned regions, including:
- Conducting performance analysis and reviews of assigned distributors
- Distribute and follow up with sales leads
- Log, organize and prioritize opportunities and projects in which they are directly involved
- Maintain accurate records, including but not limited to sales call reports, expense reports, and other necessary documents
- Leverage internal reporting and resources to maximize effectiveness
- Engage with and support Festo sales personnel as a Fabco-Air product expert
- Assist the National Sales Manager with the development/coordination of marketing activities
- Actively manage call schedules to cover assigned territory in a timely manner
- Attend and request trainings to help improve knowledge and skills, as needed
- Maintain minimum personal vehicle standards outlined by Fabco-Air
- Adhere to deadlines and schedule constraints
Competencies and qualifications:
- Fundamental B2B selling skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent in-person and remote/webinar-based presentation skills
- Conflict management
- Performance orientation
- Problem-solving skills
- Openness, flexibility and tolerance
- Personal planning and organization
- No direct reports
- Required to influence and motivate distributor sales personnel without direct authority
Approximately 60% of travel is required for this position which includes overnight stays, up to one week consecutively. While traveling, the Channel Manager will be meeting with customers and sales associates from many different companies. Dress code and conduct should coincide with the work environment (i.e warehouse and machine shop settings) and ultimately reflect a professional appearance. For all other business, the Channel Manager will be working remotely, interfacing with Fabco, customer, and distributors via phone and web conferencing tools.
It is essential that the Channel Manager can meet the physical demands outlined below to perform the job successfully. The Channel Manager must be able to drive, sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time. Lifting of demos, sample cases, supplies and materials, as well as carrying, pushing, and or pulling may be required. This position requires the ability to lift 70 pounds at times and normally be able to lift 25-30 pounds.
Education and experience:
- BS/BA degree preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency with virtual meeting platforms, such as Skype, Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc.
- 2+ years of related industrial pneumatic and/or distributor sales experience
- OEM / MRO sales experience desirable
- Mechanical aptitude a plus
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.